Hello, Good News! If you are a tailor in World of Warcraft, you might be interested in learning how to make brilliant spellthread, one of the most powerful leg enchants for casters. Brilliant spellthread is a tailor-crafted augment that permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 8 and versatility by 7. It can only be applied to items of level 600 or lower, and it requires level 27 to use.
In this article, we will show you everything you need to know about brilliant spellthread, including where to get the pattern, what materials you need, how to craft it, and how to sell it for profit. We will also answer some frequently asked questions about brilliant spellthread and other spellthreads. By the end of this article, you will be able to make brilliant spellthread like a pro and boost your performance in raids and dungeons.
Where to Get the Pattern for Brilliant Spellthread
The first step to make brilliant spellthread is to get the pattern. The pattern for brilliant spellthread is sold by [Veteran Crusader Aliocha Segard](^4^), the quartermaster of the [Argent Crusade](^5^), in [Icecrown](^6^). You need to be exalted with the Argent Crusade to buy the pattern, which costs 5 gold. The pattern is bind on pickup, so you cannot trade it or buy it from the auction house.
To reach exalted with the Argent Crusade, you need to complete quests and daily quests in Icecrown and Zul’Drak, as well as run the heroic dungeons Trial of the Champion and The Culling of Stratholme. You can also wear the [Tabard of the Argent Crusade](^7^) while running any level 80 dungeon to gain reputation. You can check your reputation status by opening your character panel and clicking on the reputation tab.
How to Farm Reputation with the Argent Crusade
One of the fastest ways to farm reputation with the Argent Crusade is to do the daily quests at the [Argent Vanguard] in Icecrown. There are four daily quests available there, each rewarding 250 reputation. They are:
- [Slaves to Saronite]: Free 10 saronite miners from Ymirheim.
- [The Fate of the Fallen]: Recover 10 [Lost Valiants’ Effects] from Scourge corpses.
- [The Skybreaker]: Report to [High Captain Justin Bartlett] aboard the Skybreaker.
- [The Shadow Vault]: Report to [Thassarian] at the Shadow Vault.
You can also do the daily quests at the [Argent Tournament Grounds] in Icecrown, which reward 250 reputation each as well. There are five daily quests available there, depending on your race and faction. They are:
- [A Blade Fit For A Champion]: Retrieve a [Warts-B-Gone Lip Balm] from [Maiden of Ashwood Lake] and use it to polish a [Worn Sword].
- [A Worthy Weapon]: Retrieve a [Whispering Crystal] from [Lake of Frozen Tears] and use it to infuse a [Tempered Sword].
- [The Edge Of Winter]: Retrieve a [Everfrost Razor] from [Lord Everblaze] and use it to cut off a piece of an ancient sword.
- [A Valiant’s Field Training]: Kill 10 Scourge units or players in Icecrown.
- [At The Enemy’s Gates]: Use an [Argent Warhorse](30) or an [Argent Charger](31) to kill 15 Boneguard Scouts, 10 Boneguard Lieutenants, and 3 Boneguard Commanders at Corp’rethar.
What Materials You Need to Make Brilliant Spellthread
To make brilliant spellthread, you need the following materials:
- 1 [Eternium Thread]: This is a common tailoring material that can be bought from any tailoring or trade goods vendor for 3 silver.
- 10 [Bolt of Imbued Frostweave]: This is a tailor-crafted material that requires 3 [Bolt of Frostweave] and 2 [Infinite Dust] each. Bolt of Frostweave can be made from 5 [Frostweave Cloth] each, which can be looted from level 70-80 humanoid mobs. Infinite Dust can be obtained by disenchanting level 70-80 green items or by buying them from the auction house.
- 4 [Iceweb Spider Silk]: This is a rare tailoring material that can be looted from level 80 spiders in Icecrown, Storm Peaks, and Sholazar Basin. It can also be bought from the auction house.
In total, you need 1 Eternium Thread, 30 Bolt of Frostweave, 20 Infinite Dust, and 4 Iceweb Spider Silk to make one brilliant spellthread. The cost of these materials may vary depending on the server economy and supply and demand. You can check the current prices of these materials on the auction house or on online databases such as [Wowhead] or [The Undermine Journal].
How to Save Money on Materials for Brilliant Spellthread
If you want to save money on materials for brilliant spellthread, here are some tips you can follow:
- Farm Frostweave Cloth yourself: If you have a high-level character with decent gear, you can farm Frostweave Cloth from humanoid mobs in Northrend. Some of the best places to farm Frostweave Cloth are the Scourgeholme in Icecrown, the Pit of Saron in Icecrown Citadel, and the Violet Hold in Dalaran. You can also use a [Tailoring Scissors] to increase the amount of cloth you get from each mob.
- Buy Infinite Dust in bulk: Infinite Dust is one of the most widely used enchanting materials in Wrath of the Lich King, so it is usually in high demand and low supply. However, you can sometimes find cheap Infinite Dust on the auction house if you buy it in large quantities. You can also look for bargain deals on trade chat or on online forums.
- Trade Iceweb Spider Silk for other materials: Iceweb Spider Silk is a rare and expensive tailoring material that is only used for a few recipes. However, some tailors may have excess Iceweb Spider Silk that they don’t need or want to sell. You can try to trade your Iceweb Spider Silk for other materials that you need, such as Bolt of Imbued Frostweave or Eternium Thread. You can also offer gold or other items as part of the trade.
How to Craft Brilliant Spellthread
Once you have the pattern and the materials for brilliant spellthread, you can craft it using your tailoring skill. You need a minimum of 450 tailoring skill to craft brilliant spellthread, which is the maximum level for Wrath of the Lich King. You can increase your tailoring skill by crafting other items, such as cloth armor, bags, or bandages. You can also learn new patterns from tailoring trainers, vendors, or drops.
To craft brilliant spellthread, you need to use a [Tailoring Needle] and a [Tailoring Thread]. You can buy these items from any tailoring or trade goods vendor for a few silver. You also need to be near a [Tailoring Loom], which can be found in most major cities or towns. To craft brilliant spellthread, simply open your profession window, select the Tailoring tab, and click on the brilliant spellthread icon. You will then see a crafting window that shows the required materials and the number of brilliant spellthreads you can make. Click on the Create button to start crafting.
How to Use Brilliant Spellthread
After you have crafted brilliant spellthread, you can use it to enchant your own pants or sell it to other players. To use brilliant spellthread, you need to have a pair of pants that are level 600 or lower and that have an open augment slot. You also need to be level 27 or higher to benefit from the enchantment. To use brilliant spellthread, simply right-click on the brilliant spellthread in your inventory and then click on the pants you want to enchant. You will see a confirmation window that shows the current and new stats of the pants. Click on Yes to apply the enchantment.
Once you have enchanted your pants with brilliant spellthread, you will see a blue text on the item tooltip that says “Permanently embroiders spellthread into pants, increasing spell power by 8 and versatility by 7”. You will also see an icon of a needle and thread on the bottom right corner of the item icon. This means that the item is augmented and cannot be augmented again. You can only have one augment per item, so if you want to change the augment, you will have to remove the current one first. To remove an augment, you need to use a [Vanishing Powder], which can be bought from any enchanting or trade goods vendor for 10 gold.
A Detailed Table Breakdown of Brilliant Spellthread
To give you a better idea of how brilliant spellthread compares to other spellthreads and leg enchants, we have prepared a detailed table breakdown that shows the stats, materials, and sources of each option. You can use this table to decide which leg enchant is best for your character and playstyle.
|Leg Enchant||Spell Power||Versatility||Other Stats||Materials||Source|
|Brilliant Spellthread||8||7||–||1 Eternium Thread, 10 Bolt of Imbued Frostweave, 4 Iceweb Spider Silk||Tailoring (450), Pattern from Argent Crusade Quartermaster|
|Sapphire Spellthread||5||6||–||1 Eternium Thread, 5 Bolt of Imbued Frostweave, 2 Iceweb Spider Silk||Tailoring (405), Pattern from Trainer or Drop|
|Runic Spellthread||7||–||+3 Spirit||1 Eternium Thread, 10 Bolt of Imbued Frostweave, 4 Iceweb Spider Silk||Tailoring (450), Pattern from Kirin Tor Quartermaster|
|Mystic Spellthread||4||–||+2 Spirit||1 Eternium Thread, 5 Bolt of Imbued Frostweave, 2 Iceweb Spider Silk||Tailoring (405), Pattern from Trainer or Drop|
|[Master’s Spellthread]||9||–||+8 Stamina, +8 Critical Strike Rating, +8 Haste Rating, +8 Mastery Rating, +8 Multistrike Rating, +8 Versatility Rating (Random)||–||[Master Tailor’s Materials Cache] from [Work Order: Tailoring] in Garrison or [Draenor Tailoring]|
|[Greater Spellthread]||10||–||+10 Stamina, +10 Critical Strike Rating, +10 Haste Rating, +10 Mastery Rating, +10 Multistrike Rating, +10 Versatility Rating (Random)||–||[Greater Tailor’s Materials Cache] from [Work Order: Tailoring] in Garrison or [Draenor Tailoring]|