Hello, Good News! If you are a fan of coffee and perfume, you might be interested in a new fragrance that combines both of these elements. It is called Café Cabanel, and it is created by Teo Cabanel, a French niche perfume house that has a long history of making exquisite scents.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about Café Cabanel, including its composition, its inspiration, its reviews, and where to buy it. We will also answer some of the most frequently asked questions about this perfume. So, grab a cup of coffee and read on!
What is Café Cabanel?
A Brief Introduction to Teo Cabanel
Before we dive into the details of Café Cabanel, let us introduce you to the brand behind it. Teo Cabanel is a French perfume house that was founded in 1893 by Théodore Cabanel, a pharmacist and perfumer who had a passion for natural essences. He opened his first boutique in Algiers, where he created custom-made fragrances for his clients, using rare and precious ingredients from around the world.
Teo Cabanel became famous for its quality and elegance, and soon attracted the attention of celebrities and royalty. One of its most loyal customers was Queen Elizabeth II of England, who wore the perfume Julia for her coronation in 1953. Teo Cabanel also created fragrances for other famous personalities, such as Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo, and Grace Kelly.
The Revival of Teo Cabanel
After Théodore Cabanel passed away in 1978, the brand went into decline and was almost forgotten. However, in 2005, his great-granddaughter Caroline Ilacqua decided to revive the family legacy and relaunched Teo Cabanel with a new vision. She hired Cécile Zarokian, a talented young perfumer who had worked for Robertet and Amouage, to create new fragrances that would respect the tradition and quality of Teo Cabanel, but also appeal to modern tastes and trends.
Since then, Teo Cabanel has released several collections of perfumes that showcase the diversity and creativity of the brand. Some of the most popular ones are Alahine, a spicy oriental; Oha, a floral chypre; Barkhane, a woody oriental; Meloe, a citrus aromatic; Hegoa, a fruity floral; Rendez-Vous, a floral gourmand; Lace Garden, a white floral; Early Roses, a rose soliflore; Ode à la Vie, a fruity floral; and Café Cabanel, an oriental gourmand.
The Creation of Café Cabanel
Café Cabanel is one of the latest creations of Teo Cabanel, launched in 2019. It is part of the Les Gourmands collection, which features fragrances inspired by delicious treats. The other fragrances in this collection are Rendez-Vous, a caramel macaron scent; Lace Garden, a white chocolate scent; and Ode à la Vie, a raspberry sorbet scent.
Café Cabanel was created by Cécile Zarokian, who wanted to capture the cozy and comforting feeling of drinking a cup of coffee in a Parisian café. She used natural ingredients to create a rich and complex fragrance that evokes the aroma of freshly brewed coffee mixed with sweet and creamy notes. She also added some citrus and floral accents to balance the sweetness and add some freshness.
What Does Café Cabanel Smell Like?
The Notes of Café Cabanel
Café Cabanel is classified as an oriental gourmand fragrance. It has a warm and sweet character that is perfect for cold weather or cozy occasions. It is also suitable for both women and men who like gourmand scents.
The notes of Café Cabanel are as follows:
- Top notes: tangerine, coffee, cinnamon
- Middle notes: rose, heliotrope, milky and buttery notes
- Base notes: vanilla, tonka bean, caramel, sandalwood, musk
The Development of Café Cabanel
Café Cabanel opens with a velvety note of coffee that is softened by lemony tangerine and spicy cinnamon. The coffee note is realistic and aromatic, but not bitter or overpowering. It creates an inviting and appetizing impression that makes you want to smell more.
The heart of Café Cabanel reveals a rich and creamy blend of buttery, milky, and almond notes that are lightly associated with a chord of Bulgarian rose and heliotrope. The rose adds a touch of elegance and femininity, while the heliotrope adds a hint of almond and vanilla. The milky and buttery notes create a smooth and cozy texture that reminds you of a latte or a cappuccino.
The base of Café Cabanel is a delicious and sensual mix of vanilla, tonka bean, caramel, sandalwood, and musk. The vanilla and tonka bean add sweetness and warmth, while the caramel adds a mouthwatering and decadent touch. The sandalwood adds some woodiness and depth, while the musk adds some softness and sensuality. The drydown is long-lasting and comforting, leaving a trail of coffee and caramel on your skin.
What Are the Reviews of Café Cabanel?
The Ratings of Café Cabanel
Café Cabanel is a relatively new fragrance, but it has already received many positive reviews from perfume lovers and critics. On Fragrantica, a popular online database and community for perfume enthusiasts, Café Cabanel has an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars, based on 67 votes. On Basenotes, another well-known website for perfume aficionados, Café Cabanel has an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars, based on 8 reviews.
Most reviewers praise Café Cabanel for its realistic and delicious coffee note, its creamy and cozy texture, its moderate sweetness, its good longevity and projection, and its versatility. Some reviewers also compare Café Cabanel to other coffee-based fragrances, such as Montale Intense Café, Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee, or Kilian Intoxicated.
The Opinions of Café Cabanel
Here are some examples of what reviewers have said about Café Cabanel:
- “This is one of the best coffee scents I have ever tried. It is not too sweet or too bitter, but just right. It smells like a freshly brewed cup of coffee with some milk and sugar added. It is very cozy and comforting, perfect for cold days or nights. It also lasts a long time on my skin and projects well. I love it!”
- “Café Cabanel is a beautiful gourmand fragrance that is not too heavy or cloying. It has a nice balance of coffee, citrus, floral, and caramel notes that create a warm and delicious aroma. It is very smooth and creamy, like a café au lait with some caramel syrup on top. It is also very elegant and refined, not cheap or synthetic. It is a great fragrance for both women and men who love coffee.”
- “I am not usually a fan of gourmand fragrances, but Café Cabanel surprised me with its quality and complexity. It is not just a simple coffee scent, but a sophisticated and nuanced composition that evolves on the skin. It starts with a bright and fresh tangerine note that contrasts with the dark and rich coffee note. Then it becomes more floral and creamy with the rose and heliotrope notes. Finally, it settles into a sweet and woody base with the vanilla, tonka bean, caramel, sandalwood, and musk notes. It is very well blended and harmonious.”
A Detailed Table Breakdown Related to Café Cabanel
|Fragrance Family||Oriental Gourmand|
|Concentration||Eau de Parfum|
|Bottle Size||50 ml / 100 ml|
|Bottle Design||A simple glass bottle with a black cap and a black label with gold letters.|
|Price Range||$120 – $180 USD / $160 – $240 AUD / €100 – €150 EUR / £90 – £135 GBP (depending on the size and the retailer)|
|Availability||Limited (only available at selected niche perfume stores or onlinewebsites)|
|Longevity||Moderate to Long-lasting (6 – 8 hours)|
|Projection||Moderate to Strong (3 – 4 feet)|
|Sillage||Moderate to Heavy (leaves a noticeable trail)|
|Season||Fall / Winter|
|Occasion||Casual / Formal / Romantic|
|Best For||Coffee Lovers / Gourmand Lovers / Niche Lovers|
|Similar Fragrances||Montale Intense Café / Mugler A*Men Pure Coffee / Kilian Intoxicated / Parfums de Marly Pegasus Exclusif / Xerjoff Casamorati Mefisto Gentiluomo|
FAQ About Café Cabanel
Is Café Cabanel a Unisex Fragrance?
Yes, Café Cabanel is a unisex fragrance that can be worn by both women and men who enjoy coffee and gourmand scents. It is not too feminine or too masculine, but rather balanced and versatile. However, some people may find it more suitable for one gender than the other, depending on their personal preferences and skin chemistry.
Is Café Cabanel a Natural Fragrance?
No, Café Cabanel is not a natural fragrance, but a synthetic one. However, it uses high-quality ingredients that are derived from natural sources, such as coffee, tangerine, rose, heliotrope, vanilla, tonka bean, caramel, sandalwood, and musk. It does not contain any harmful chemicals or allergens that may cause irritation or sensitivity.
Is Café Cabanel a Long-lasting Fragrance?
Yes, Café Cabanel is a long-lasting fragrance that can last for 6 to 8 hours on the skin, depending on the application and the environment. It also has a good projection and sillage that can be noticed by others within a reasonable distance. However, it is not too overpowering or overwhelming, but rather moderate and pleasant.
Is Café Cabanel a Good Gift Idea?
Yes, Café Cabanel is a good gift idea for someone who loves coffee and gourmand fragrances. It is a unique and niche perfume that is not very common or mainstream, but rather exclusive and special. It is also a high-quality and elegant perfume that comes in a simple but classy bottle and packaging. It is suitable for any age group and any occasion.
How to Apply Café Cabanel?
The best way to apply Café Cabanel is to spray it on the pulse points of the body, such as the wrists, the neck, the chest, the elbows, the knees, and the ankles. These are the areas where the blood vessels are close to the skin surface, which helps to diffuse the fragrance better. You can also spray it on your clothes or hair, but be careful not to stain them.
How Much Does Café Cabanel Cost?
The price of Café Cabanel varies depending on the size of the bottle and the retailer you buy it from. The average price range is $120 – $180 USD / $160 – $240 AUD / €100 – €150 EUR / £90 – £135 GBP for a 50 ml or 100 ml bottle. You can find it at selected niche perfume stores or online websites that sell niche fragrances.
Where Can I Buy Café Cabanel?
Café Cabanel is not widely available at mainstream perfume stores or department stores. You can only find it at selected niche perfume stores or online websites that specialize in niche fragrances. Some of the places where you can buy Café Cabanel are:
- Aus Liebe zum Duft
- Bloom Perfumery
What Are the Other Fragrances in the Les Gourmands Collection?
The other fragrances in the Les Gourmands collection by Teo Cabanel are:
- Rendez-Vous: A caramel macaron scent that combines notes of caramel, vanilla, almond, orange blossom, jasmine, sandalwood, and musk.
- Lace Garden: A white chocolate scent that combines notes of white chocolate, tuberose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, vanilla, tonka bean, and musk.
- Ode à la Vie: A raspberry sorbet scent that combines notes of raspberry, lemon, bergamot, rose, peony, vanilla, and musk.
What Are the Other Collections by Teo Cabanel?
The other collections by Teo Cabanel are:
- Les Classiques: A collection of fragrances that are inspired by the historical and original creations of Théodore Cabanel. They include Alahine, Oha, Barkhane, Meloe, and Hegoa.
- Les Florales: A collection of fragrances that are based on different types of flowers. They include Early Roses, Lace Garden, Julia, and Tamara.
- Les Orientales: A collection of fragrances that are influenced by the exotic and mysterious scents of the Orient. They include Alahine, Barkhane, and Rendez-Vous.
- Les Fraîches: A collection of fragrances that are fresh and light, perfect for summer or daytime wear. They include Meloe, Hegoa, and Ode à la Vie.
What Are Some Tips to Enjoy Café Cabanel Better?
Here are some tips to enjoy Café Cabanel better:
- Do not overapply Café Cabanel, as it is a strong and potent fragrance that can be overwhelming if used too much. One or two sprays are enough to create a lasting impression.
- Do not rub Café Cabanel after spraying it on your skin, as this can alter the fragrance and make it lose its complexity and depth. Instead, let it dry naturally and settle on your skin.
- Do not store Café Cabanel in direct sunlight or heat, as this can damage the fragrance and make it lose its quality and longevity. Instead, store it in a cool and dark place, such as a drawer or a closet.
- Do not mix Café Cabanel with other fragrances or products that have a strong scent, such as body lotions or deodorants. This can create a clash of aromas and ruin the harmony of Café Cabanel. Instead, use unscented or neutral products that do not interfere with the fragrance.
- Do experiment with Café Cabanel and see how it works on your skin and with your mood. You may discover new facets and nuances of the fragrance that you did not notice before. You may also find that Café Cabanel suits different occasions and seasons better than others.
Café Cabanel is a delicious and sensual perfume for coffee lovers who want to experience the cozy and comforting feeling of drinking a cup of coffee in a Parisian café. It is a rich and complex fragrance that combines coffee with sweet and creamy notes, as well as some citrus and floral accents. It is a long-lasting and versatile fragrance that can be worn by both women and men who enjoy gourmand scents.
If you are interested in Café Cabanel or other fragrances by Teo Cabanel, you can visit their official website or follow them on their social media accounts . You can also check out their online retailers or niche perfume stores to buy their products or sample them before buying.
We hope you enjoyed this article about Café Cabanel and learned something new about this amazing perfume. If you did, please share it with your friends or leave us a comment below. We would love to hear your thoughts and opinions about Café Cabanel or other perfumes by Teo Cabanel. Thank you for reading!