When it comes to grilling, chicken is always a crowd favorite. Tender, juicy, and packed with flavor, grilled chicken can be enjoyed on its own or to elevate a variety of dishes. If you’re looking for a new and exciting recipe to impress your family and friends at your next barbecue, look no further than this cava grilled chicken recipe.
What is Cava?
If you haven’t heard of cava before, it’s time to give this Spanish sparkling wine a try. Made in the same traditional method as Champagne, cava offers a refreshing and bubbly taste that pairs perfectly with grilled meats, seafood, and vegetables. It adds a unique twist to this grilled chicken recipe, taking it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Before firing up your grill, make sure you have the following ingredients ready:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of cava
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
Marinating the Chicken
To infuse the chicken with the flavors of cava, we’ll start by marinating it. Follow these simple steps:
- In a bowl, combine the cava, olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, honey, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Place the chicken breasts in a zip-top bag or a shallow dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken, making sure it’s evenly coated. Seal the bag or cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
“Marinating the chicken overnight allows the flavors to penetrate deep into the meat, resulting in a truly delicious and mouthwatering dish.” – Chef John
Grilling the Chicken
Once the chicken has marinated, it’s time to fire up the grill and get cooking:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). To get those beautiful grill marks, rotate the chicken 45 degrees halfway through each side.
- Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Now that your cava grilled chicken is ready, it’s time to serve it up in style:
- Slice the grilled chicken breasts and arrange them on a platter.
- Drizzle any leftover marinade over the chicken for an extra burst of flavor.
- Serve with a side dish of your choice, such as grilled vegetables, a fresh salad, or some Spanish-style rice.
Q: Can I use a different type of wine instead of cava?
A: While cava adds a unique and delicious flavor to this recipe, you can substitute it with other sparkling wines or even white wine if you prefer.
Q: Can I grill the chicken in advance and serve it cold?
A: Absolutely! Grilled chicken can be enjoyed both hot off the grill or cold. Simply refrigerate the cooked chicken and serve it chilled. It’s perfect for picnics or as part of a refreshing summer salad.
With its tender and flavorful meat, this cava grilled chicken recipe is sure to be a hit at your next barbecue. The combination of cava, garlic, paprika, and honey creates a marinade that infuses the chicken with a mouthwatering taste. Whether you serve it with grilled vegetables or Spanish-style rice, this dish will elevate any outdoor gathering. So fire up your grill, uncork a bottle of cava, and get ready to impress your guests with this delicious and healthy option.
- Cava is a Spanish sparkling wine that adds a unique twist to grilled chicken.
- Marinating the chicken overnight allows the flavors to penetrate deep into the meat.
- Grill the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Serve the grilled chicken with a side dish of your choice, such as grilled vegetables or Spanish-style rice.
- Leftover grilled chicken can be refrigerated and served cold.