Are you craving a flavorful and satisfying pasta dish that will leave your taste buds begging for more? Look no further than this mouthwatering Firebirds chicken pasta recipe! With a perfect balance of spices, creamy sauce, and tender chicken, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Follow our step-by-step guide to create a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 8 ounces of penne pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
Step 1: Prepare the Chicken
Start by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
Step 2: Cook the Pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
Step 3: Prepare the Sauce
In the same skillet used to cook the chicken, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and heat it over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, minced garlic, sliced bell pepper, and mushrooms. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Step 4: Season and Simmer
Stir in the dried basil, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes. Add the diced tomatoes with their juice and simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
Step 5: Add the Cream and Cheese
Pour in the heavy cream and stir well to incorporate it into the sauce. Add the grated Parmesan cheese and continue to stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce has thickened slightly.
Step 6: Slice the Chicken and Combine
Slice the cooked chicken breasts into thin strips and add them to the sauce. Stir gently to coat the chicken in the creamy tomato sauce. Let the sauce and chicken simmer together for an additional 5 minutes to ensure the flavors meld together.
Step 7: Serve and Enjoy
Divide the cooked penne pasta among four plates and top with the creamy chicken and tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh basil leaves for a pop of color and added freshness. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I use a different type of pasta?
While the recipe calls for penne pasta, feel free to use your favorite type of pasta. Fusilli, farfalle, or even spaghetti would work well in this dish.
2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter option?
If you prefer a lighter sauce, you can use half-and-half or milk instead of heavy cream. However, keep in mind that the sauce may not be as rich and creamy.
3. Can I add other vegetables to the sauce?
Absolutely! This recipe serves as a great base, and you can add your favorite vegetables to customize it to your liking. Zucchini, spinach, or even sun-dried tomatoes would make tasty additions.
Indulge in the delightful flavors of this Firebirds chicken pasta recipe and transport yourself to a culinary paradise. The tender chicken, rich tomato sauce, and perfectly cooked pasta combine to create a satisfying and memorable meal. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or simply craving a comforting dish, this recipe is a winner. Impress your loved ones with your culinary skills and enjoy every delicious bite!
- The Firebirds chicken pasta recipe offers a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and add it to the creamy tomato sauce.
- Experiment with adding your favorite vegetables to customize the dish.
- Serve the pasta immediately for the best taste and texture.
- Firebirds Wood Fired Grill. (n.d.). Our Story. Retrieved from [insert link].
- McCormick. (n.d.). Basil Leaves. Retrieved from [insert link].
- Sorrento Cheese. (n.d.). Grated Parmesan Cheese. Retrieved from [insert link].