Hello, Good News! Welcome to our blog, where we share with you the best recipes, tips, and tricks for making delicious and healthy breakfasts. Today, we are going to show you how to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe at home. If you are a fan of the Fixer Upper star and her lifestyle brand Magnolia, you probably know that she loves to make pancakes for her family. She even has a cookbook called Magnolia Table that features her favorite pancake recipes.
But what makes Joanna Gaines’ pancakes so special? Well, they are fluffy, moist, and full of flavor. They are also easy to make with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Plus, you can customize them with different add-ins and toppings to suit your taste buds. Whether you want to make them for a special occasion or just a cozy weekend morning, these pancakes will surely impress your family and friends.
What You Need to Make Joanna Gaines’ Pancake Recipe
The Basic Ingredients
To make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe, you will need the following basic ingredients:
- White flour: This is the base of the pancake batter. You can also use whole-wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend if you prefer.
- Sugar: This adds a touch of sweetness to the pancakes. You can use white or brown sugar, or substitute with honey or maple syrup.
- Baking powder and baking soda: These are the leavening agents that help the pancakes rise and become fluffy.
- Salt: This enhances the flavor of the pancakes and balances out the sweetness.
- Lemon juice: This adds a hint of tanginess to the pancakes and reacts with the baking soda to create bubbles in the batter.
- Milk: This adds moisture and richness to the pancakes. You can use any kind of milk, such as cow’s milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
- Butter: This adds more flavor and fat to the pancakes. You can use salted or unsalted butter, or substitute with oil or vegan butter.
- Eggs: These bind the ingredients together and add structure and protein to the pancakes.
The Optional Add-Ins
One of the best things about Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe is that you can customize it with different add-ins to make it more fun and delicious. Here are some of the add-ins that Joanna likes to use:
- Shredded coconut: This adds a tropical twist and a chewy texture to the pancakes. You can use sweetened or unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Chocolate chips: These add a burst of chocolatey goodness to every bite. You can use milk, dark, or white chocolate chips, or a mix of them.
- Blueberries: These add a pop of color and a juicy sweetness to the pancakes. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Bananas: These add a creamy and fruity flavor to the pancakes. You can mash them and mix them with the batter, or slice them and place them on top of the pancakes before flipping.
- Nuts: These add a crunchy and nutty flavor to the pancakes. You can use any kind of nuts, such as pecans, walnuts, almonds, or pistachios.
No pancake is complete without some toppings to make it extra yummy. Here are some of the toppings that Joanna likes to use:
- Maple syrup: This is the classic pancake topping that adds a rich and sweet flavor. You can use pure maple syrup or a flavored one, such as cinnamon or vanilla.
- Butter: This adds more melt-in-your-mouth goodness to the pancakes. You can use salted or unsalted butter, or vegan butter.
- Fresh fruit: This adds a fresh and healthy touch to the pancakes. You can use any kind of fruit, such as strawberries, raspberries, peaches, or kiwis.
- Whipped cream: This adds a light and airy texture and a creamy flavor to the pancakes. You can use regular whipped cream or a dairy-free one.
- Nutella: This adds a decadent and chocolate-hazelnut flavor to the pancakes. You can spread it on top of the pancakes or drizzle it over them.
How to Make Joanna Gaines’ Pancake Recipe
Step 1: Mix the Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl, whisk together 2 cups of white flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. You can also sift the flour for extra light pancakes.
Step 2: Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of milk, 1/4 cup of melted butter, 2 eggs, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Make sure the butter is not too hot or it will cook the eggs.
Step 3: Combine the Batter
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk gently until just combined. Do not overmix or the pancakes will be tough. The batter should be slightly lumpy.
Step 4: Add the Add-Ins
If you want to add some extra flavor and texture to your pancakes, you can stir in some add-ins at this point. You can use about 1/2 cup of shredded coconut, chocolate chips, blueberries, mashed bananas, or nuts. Or you can use a combination of them.
Step 5: Let the Batter Rest
Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes before cooking. This will allow the gluten to relax and the baking powder and baking soda to activate. This will result in fluffier and lighter pancakes.
Step 6: Cook the Pancakes
Heat a griddle or a large skillet over medium-high heat and lightly grease it with oil or butter. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the griddle and spread it into a circle. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake. Flip and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the griddle as needed.
Step 7: Serve the Pancakes
Transfer the cooked pancakes to a platter and keep them warm in a low oven until ready to serve. Or serve them immediately with your favorite toppings, such as maple syrup, butter, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or Nutella. Enjoy!
A Table Breakdown of Joanna Gaines’ Pancake Recipe
To help you visualize how much ingredients you need and how many pancakes you can make with Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe, we have created a table breakdown for you. You can adjust the servings according to your needs and preferences.
|White Flour (cups)
|Baking Powder (teaspoons)
|Baking Soda (teaspoons)
|Lemon Juice (tablespoons)
Frequently Asked Questions About Joanna Gaines’ Pancake Recipe
What is Joanna Gaines’ favorite pancake recipe?
Judging by her cookbook Magnolia Table, Joanna Gaines’ favorite pancake recipe is probably her coconut creampancakes with blueberry compote. This recipe uses coconut milk, coconut cream, and shredded coconut to make the pancakes extra moist and flavorful. It also uses a homemade blueberry compote that is sweet and tangy. You can find this recipe in her cookbook or on her website.
How do you make fluffy pancakes like Joanna Gaines?
To make fluffy pancakes like Joanna Gaines, you need to follow some tips and tricks that she shares in her cookbook and on her blog. Here are some of them:
- Use fresh baking powder and baking soda. These are the ingredients that make the pancakes rise and become airy. Make sure they are not expired or they will lose their effectiveness.
- Do not overmix the batter. Whisk the ingredients gently until just combined. Overmixing will develop gluten and make the pancakes tough and dense.
- Let the batter rest. This will allow the gluten to relax and the leavening agents to activate. It will also create bubbles in the batter that will make the pancakes fluffy.
- Cook the pancakes on medium-high heat. This will ensure that the pancakes cook evenly and quickly, without burning or drying out.
- Flip the pancakes only once. Wait until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake before flipping. Flipping too often will deflate the pancakes and make them flat.
Can you freeze Joanna Gaines’ pancakes?
Yes, you can freeze Joanna Gaines’ pancakes for up to 3 months. This is a great way to save time and enjoy them anytime you want. Here is how to freeze them:
- Cool the pancakes completely on a wire rack.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper or wax paper between each pancake to prevent them from sticking together.
- Stack the pancakes in a freezer-safe ziplock bag or container.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible and seal the bag or container tightly.
- Label the bag or container with the date and contents.
- Freeze the pancakes flat in the freezer.
How do you reheat Joanna Gaines’ pancakes?
To reheat Joanna Gaines’ pancakes, you have two options: microwave or oven. Here is how to reheat them:
- Microwave: Place a few pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Microwave for about 15 to 30 seconds, or until warm and soft. Repeat with the remaining pancakes as needed.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Arrange the pancakes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and cover them loosely with foil. Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until warm and crisp.
What are some variations of Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe?
If you want to try some different flavors of Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe, you can experiment with some variations. Here are some ideas:
- Pumpkin spice pancakes: Add 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the wet ingredients. Top with whipped cream and chopped pecans.
- Lemon ricotta pancakes: Add 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese and 2 teaspoons of lemon zest to the wet ingredients. Top with lemon curd and fresh berries.
- Oatmeal raisin pancakes: Replace 1/2 cup of flour with 1/2 cup of rolled oats and add 1/4 cup of raisins to the batter. Top with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cinnamon roll pancakes: Add 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of brown sugar to the dry ingredients. Swirl some cream cheese frosting on top of each pancake before flipping.
- Banana nut pancakes: Add 1/4 cup of mashed banana and 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts to the batter. Top with sliced bananas and honey.
What are some healthy alternatives to Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe?
If you want to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe healthier, you can make some substitutions or adjustments to the ingredients. Here are some suggestions:
- Use whole-wheat flour or a gluten-free flour blend instead of white flour. This will add more fiber and nutrients to the pancakes.
- Use honey or maple syrup instead of sugar. This will add more natural sweetness and flavor to the pancakes.
- Use almond milk or oat milk instead of cow’s milk. This will reduce the calories and fat in the pancakes.
- Use oil or vegan butter instead of butter. This will lower the saturated fat and cholesterol in the pancakes.
- Use egg whites or flax eggs instead of whole eggs. This will lower the cholesterol and increase the protein in the pancakes.
- Use fresh fruit or nuts instead of chocolate chips or coconut flakes. This will add more vitamins, antioxidants, and healthy fats to the pancakes.
What are some tips for making Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe vegan?
If you want to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe vegan, you need to replace the animal-based ingredients with plant-based ones. Here are some tips:
- Use a plant-based milk, such as almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk, instead of cow’s milk.
- Use vegan butter or oil instead of butter.
- Use a flax egg instead of an egg. To make a flax egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water and let it sit for 10 minutes until it becomes gel-like.
- Use vegan chocolate chips or coconut flakes instead of regular chocolate chips or shredded coconut.
- Use vegan whipped cream or coconut cream instead of regular whipped cream.
What are some tips for making Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe gluten-free?
If you want to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe gluten-free, you need to use a gluten-free flour blend instead of white flour. You can buy a ready-made gluten-free flour blend from the store or make your own by mixing different gluten-free flours, such as rice flour, oat flour, almond flour, or buckwheat flour. You also need to make sure that the other ingredients you use are gluten-free, such as the baking powder, baking soda, sugar, lemon juice, milk, butter, eggs, and add-ins. You can check the labels or look for the gluten-free certification on the packaging.
What are some tips for making Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe dairy-free?
If you want to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe dairy-free, you need to use a dairy-free milk, such as almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk, instead of cow’s milk. You also need to use oil or vegan butter instead of butter. You can also use dairy-free chocolate chips or coconut flakes instead of regular chocolate chips or shredded coconut. You can also use dairy-free whipped cream or coconut cream instead of regular whipped cream.
What are some tips for making Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe nut-free?
If you want to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe nut-free, you need to avoid using any nuts or nut-based ingredients in the recipe. This includes almond milk, almond flour, walnuts, pistachios, and Nutella. You can use cow’s milk, white flour, pecans, or chocolate chips instead. You can also use sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of Nutella.
What are some tips for making Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe egg-free?
If you want to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe egg-free, you need to use a egg substitute instead of an egg. You can use a flax egg, as mentioned above, or another egg replacer, such as applesauce, banana, yogurt, or silken tofu. You can also use a commercial egg substitute that you can find in the store. You may need to adjust the amount of liquid and leavening agents in the recipe depending on the type of egg substitute you use.
We hope you enjoyed this article about how to make Joanna Gaines’ pancake recipe at home. This is a delicious and easy way to start your day with a hearty and satisfying breakfast. You can also customize it with your favorite add-ins and toppings to make it your own. Whether you are a fan of Joanna Gaines or not, you will surely love these pancakes.
If you liked this article, please check out our other articles on our blog. We have more recipes, tips, and tricks for making amazing breakfasts that will delight your taste buds. Thank you for reading and happy cooking!