Hello, Good News! If you are a fan of Swensons Drive-In, the famous Ohio-based burger chain, you might be wondering how to recreate their signature Galley Boy burger at home. Well, you are in luck, because in this article, we will show you how to make Swensons burger recipe with simple ingredients and easy steps.
Swensons burger recipe is not just any ordinary burger. It is a double cheeseburger with two special sauces that give it a unique flavor and texture. The sauces are said to be similar to tartar sauce and barbecue sauce, but they have some secret ingredients that make them stand out. The burger is also topped with an olive on a toothpick for a recognizable flair.
What Makes Swensons Burger Recipe So Good?
Swensons burger recipe has been praised by many critics and celebrities as one of the best burgers in America. But what makes it so good? Here are some of the reasons why Swensons burger recipe is so delicious and satisfying.
One of the key factors that make Swensons burger recipe so good is the freshness of the ingredients. Swensons uses fresh beef that is ground in-house daily, ensuring the best quality and flavor. The buns are also buttered and toasted to order, making them soft and warm. The sauces are also made from scratch using fresh and quality ingredients.
Another factor that makes Swensons burger recipe so good is the sauces. The Galley Boy burger has two sauces that complement each other perfectly. The white sauce is tangy and creamy, while the brown sauce is savory and smoky. The sauces add moisture and richness to the burger, as well as a burst of flavor with every bite.
The last factor that makes Swensons burger recipe so good is the olive. The olive on a toothpick is not just a decoration, but a part of the flavor profile. The olive adds a touch of brininess and acidity to the burger, balancing out the sweetness and richness of the sauces. The olive also adds a bit of crunch and texture to the burger.
How to Make Swensons Burger Recipe at Home
If you want to make Swensons burger recipe at home, you will need some basic ingredients and equipment. Here are the things you will need:
- Ground beef (preferably 80/20 lean-to-fat ratio)
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Potato buns
- American cheese slices
- Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- Sweet pickle relish (with red pepper bits)
- White onion
- Taco sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Pimento-stuffed green olives
- A large skillet or griddle
- A spatula
- A small bowl
- A whisk or fork
- A measuring cup and spoons
- A knife and cutting board
Here are the steps to make Swensons burger recipe at home:
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and brown sugar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Form eight thin patties from the mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish, 1 teaspoon of pickle juice, 2 tablespoons of finely chopped onion, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of sugar (omit if using Miracle Whip). This is the white sauce.
- In another small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup of ketchup, 2 tablespoons of molasses, 2 tablespoons of taco sauce, 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. This is the brown sauce.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for about 3 minutes per side, or until well done. Place a cheese slice on top of four patties during the last minute of cooking.
- Butter and toast the potato buns on the same skillet or griddle until golden.
- To assemble the burgers, place a cheese-topped patty on the bottom bun. Spoon some white sauce over the cheese. Place another patty on top of the white sauce. Spoon some brown sauce over the second patty. Top with an olive on a toothpick. Cover with the top bun. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Enjoy your homemade Swensons burger recipe with fries, onion rings, or coleslaw.
Swensons Burger Recipe Nutrition Facts
If you are curious about the nutrition facts of Swensons burger recipe, here is a table that shows the approximate values per serving (one burger).
|% Daily Value